Pages

October 24, 2011

Week3: Shed 5 Fast Challenge

Oct. 24th - 30th

It's a new week and a new workout. Weeks 3 and 4 of the Shed 5 Fast Challenge (beginner) I'm doing the 2nd workout on the DVD. I have to say I loved the music of the first workout much better, but is that really why I workout? So what's the difference between workout 1 and workout2 besides the beats?




My Shed 5 Fast DVD Breakdown
WO (workout) 1:
Was new to me a few weeks ago. I couldn't do quick controlled lunges or jumping jacks on queue. After 2 weeks of this challenge I'm jumping and lunging right on time with the gals on the DVD. Lindsay is really great at doing her thing in her fitness level but taking time to show the various modifications. She's encouraging you all the way to step it up since you're giving the time and you don't get that motivation unless you push PLAY. This is a true sign that you can press repeat and still feel like it's the first time you're working out with her. Amazing.

WO 2:
I have 2 words "Ab Crank". There are a lot of standing abs in this routine. There are still a few kickboxing sequences, planks, but it seems the main focus is core strength and cardio. Like I said above the music isn't my favorite. However alternating between the 2 every 48hrs is a great way to stay active and challenged.

Overall
Some choose 1 workout every 48hrs and others do both spread out over the day (yikes). When it isn't challenging anymore you can simply add heavier weights although I wouldn't go too big, my personal opinion.


Day15: S5F Workout #2
I do miss WO1, sounds funny even to myself but I guess I miss the routine even though I couldn't wait to do something different. The screamers that we did today have my legs burning even 2 hours later (last few seconds of the video above).

Day16: Cardio Option B 1 minute of each of the following
Half Speed Squats:
Stand with feet shoulder width apart, squat halfway down (not to 90 degrees). Goal: 50/min
Jump Backs:
From standing position crouch down so your hands are on the floor, jump your feet back so you are in a plank position, jump your feet back into crouch position and stand up. Goal: 15-20/min
Lateral Ski:
Stand with your weight on one leg, jump 2 feet to the side so your weight is now on the other leg. Goal: 80/min
Rotating Squat Jumps:
Perform a squat. Jump out of the squat and into another squat facing the other direction (180 degree turn in air). Goal: 30/min
Mountain climbers (MCs):
Get in a plank position and bring one knee towards your belly button, switch. Goal: 80-90/min
Plank Twisters:
Start in a plank position. Bring your right knee towards your left hip bone. As your right leg straightens your left knee should come towards your right hip bone. Goal: 60-70/min
Repeat 3x (total 18 minutes)


Because this was only an 18min workout I added... Pshh.
I had to rest at least 30sec between each exercise. This was so hard for me. I don't think I've worked out this hard or challenged since working out again. Super sweat and tears throughout. I just hate that I've let my fitness level sink so low. I was so happy to be done and I look forward to S5F#2 Tomoroow

Day17: S5F Workout #2 + 10min of CardioA
Still felt challenged but anything after yesterday's wo makes you feel so strong. CardioA  is optional today and at first I was set on skipping it but it too is a step down from CardioB. The day ended up getting busy and I actually forgot to do it.

Maybe Lindsay has a few tricks up her sleeves. It almost feels like she pushes you to the brink so you can see how far you can go then brings you back to show you how strong you really are. Brilliant!

Day18: REST
If rest means dance I rested for about 40min today. I found this on youtube and got HOOKED. Nancy G. Fitness will more than likely be added to my Zumba love collection. Her workouts are fun, energetic, addicting, and challenging. The routines are basic so everyone can join no matter your fitness level. My buns and calves are burning but I couldn't stop. I might just be addicted to working out. If only I were closer to Michigan, her classes I'm sure are always packed.

Day19: S5F Workout #2 + 8min Abs
Instead of fully cooling down from the DVD workout I went straight into the ab work. I feel stronger! This was my 3rd time doing the FREE 8min abs and I did more reps with the correct form.

Today we went to the park, while The Hubs ran around with my older 3 I sat watching the baby thinking, "I can do that". Ha! I played freeze tag for the first time in I can't remember when. I was a sprinter on the track team in High School, although I'm no where near that level. It was fun sprinting around like that. I can't wait to sign up for a 5k type race.

Day20: CardioD (Boot Camp 2 DVD: warmup, cardio #5, cardio #6, cardio #5 instead I did cardio #3, cooldown
I do believe I will rest tomorrow and gain my strength to resist the Halloween treats I'm sure will invade my house

Day21: REST Happy Fall Y'all! I know it's Halloween but try not to eat too much candy, it's going to be hard!

Just one more week and this Challenge will be Finished!!!!
I can't wait to see my stats in numbers.

Don't forget, Lindsay has started a facebook support group, Operation: Get my Body Back! I love the daily support and discussion these ladies offer. Women from all backgrounds from all over the world coming together to encourage one another. Within joining the group I was up off my bum and haven't stopped challenging my body since.

Share