Pages

November 1, 2011

Final Week: Shed 5 Fast Challenge

Oct. 31st - Nov. 6th

Have I really made it to week 4? OMGoodness, I'm really proud of myself. I mean I know me and I didn't think I could do it. I really didn't know how it would all end and it's still not over yet. My body is tired, and I've taken a nap 2 days in a row, a hard feat with 4 kiddos not napping at the same time.

My thoughts are already racing about challenging myself after this is over. Running a marathon keeps coming up. Some gals keep talking of 5ks, cycling, and running. It makes me want to join. Running is the best thing I could do for my body and it's nice and cool with fall in full effect. I just don't like running in my neighborhood, besides going up and down a HUGE and steep hill I'll have to run in a fairly small circle. Excuses, excuses, I know.

Here We Go, Going to Finish Strong!
Day22: S5F Workout #2
As of today October 31st I've lost 15lbs and 20.5 overall inches. Wow! That's 5lbs a month, now I'm thinking in just a few months I could see the other side of 200 again. It's been over 5yrs since I've weighed 200lbs or less so I'm pretty excited. Today was the lovely Halloween.

Day23: Cardio Option B (same as Day16 from week3 here)
I tried to do this with very little resting in between each rep. I couldn't do a full round but did 3min non stop then rested only a min to begin again. Some of the exercises have gotten doable but are still hard and difficult. So I did as many mountain climbers in a row then finished strong with push ups. Plank twisters were impossible to do so I did plank boomerangs without resting. The 24min exercises took me ~30min.

I had read somewhere that if you limit your rest time in between you'll increase your resting metabolic rate. Increasing how many calories you burn during rest times. Every little bit counts.

Day24: S5F Workout #2 + 10min of CardioA 
I am getting stronger! After trying to adapt a no/low rest approach I'm amazed at my stamina. S5F2 is no longer my favorite of the 2 DVDs in this series. That means it's working and challenging me beyond the point of comfort. I woke up before my kids and got my workouts in, success.

CardioA was not hard at all after dealing with B the past 2 weeks. I did all 5 1min exercises in a row non stop and rested only in between the 2 sets. It consisted of half squats, jumping jack crosses, lateral skis, side squats, and mountain climbers. If for any reason I couldn't finish the goal I kept moving with regular jumping jacks, push ups, jogging in place anything to keep moving..

Day25: REST

Day26: S5F + 2lb heavier weights and Lindsay's 8min Abs
Sad to say this but I skipped this day and did some Zumba with my mom and kids instead. It was one of those, I should've gotten up earlier to get this wo in but didn't and never felt up to doing it later.

Day27: CardioD
I had good intentions but I didn't get to the wo in the end

Day28: REST Finished with this lovely challenge

So despite the last 2 workouts in this challenge where I caught a lazy bug I'm very proud of my commitment during the last 4 weeks. I can also say I'm glad it's over. I mean who likes pushing their selves to the max day in and day out. While I may not have liked the during I have reaped so much because of this.

Click below for...

If you want to challenge your self or are looking for some awesome results, Lindsay's S5F Challenge info can be found here and here.


Share