Pages

December 2, 2011

Winter 100 Challenge
by: The Running Mom

I seem to be a sucker for challenges. That's the only way I can get myself motivated and committed. Kristen - aka The Running Mom is every where, facebook , twitter, and at www.The-Running-Mom.com. The funny thing is I ran across her blog and thought, that's not for me. I want to run but I can't commit to 100miles in 3 months. Let me just break that down...

100 miles in 3 months (91 days)
31 days in Dec, 31 days in Jan, 29 days in Feb
I'm only planning to run 5xWeek
63 running days out of 91 100miles/63running days ~ 1.6miles
~ 1.6miles per running day = 100.8miles

This is a tad big intimidating for someone who hasn't run since July. Prior to that month I'd not run in 10 years. Before even knowing about the challenge and just wanting to get myself back running I started the c2k yesterday, the exact same start day for this challenge. God had me in the right place .)

I actually love running. After my military training I came back getting up at 3am to run because I wanted, not the case while I was on base. I miss that and have missed it since I stopped, I got LAZY! As a final act of ending this year right I began and ran half of my training yesterday. Today I was determined to run the full interval and did that plus more.

Just 29 days to end this year on your own terms. Want to join me? Sign up here, make sure to read the rules and requirements. There are some great prizes to be won as well. The list will be updated so check here from time to time to see more. **This is a giveaway/contest that I've entered. This is not my event**

Of the prizes posted, these are my faves...
(crossing my fingers)

Garmin – you can win a Garmin Forerunner 210

Ryders Eyewear – win a pair of sunglasses


Go Sport ID - 2 will win a gift certificate towards a Go Sport ID
Bye-bye Before 2011
Hello Happily Ever After 2012-2013