Pages

December 14, 2011

Indoor Walking, Is it Legit

Steady on with this Winter 100 challenge but I'm seeing myself get behind. Why? It's just plain getting cold outside and now I'm asking myself why in the world did I sign up for this. I just don't feel like running. Cue the violins, here are my excuses...

My shoes are falling apart.
Literally they are, the soles are bending back on themselves, holes in the side walls.
It's cold.
I'm already cold natured
My kids.
They have like a 6th sense and know as soon as my feet hit the floor. in the morning
The dogs.
They bark and I can't take them with me or else I get a bicep cramp from pulling at the leash
It's cold, I know I already said that one but... These excuses are depressing me. 

This week has been rough and I think it's from not getting that runner's rush I was getting used to. Since Dec. 1st I had ran at the least every other day and this week a dead halt. So fine I don't want to be outside, I don't have a treadmill or eliptical so what do you do? Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie. Okay being outside was awesome, I don't want the stress of leaving my 4 kids at home with my sleeping hubby who works 10hrs or with dogs who will whine while I'm gone. So being outside is just not an option right now.

In high school my mom had me up at 5am to workout with her. We'd do Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone. The good news is 3 miles will only take you about 30min. Not bad for an in home work out. This isn't anywhere near the intensity level as tabatas (my new love) but it'll get my miles in. This is definitely legit, yes it's in place but you will feel the burn in your legs. The sweat will poor, not as quickly but you'll feel it and probably be sore the next day.

I'm looking to win that Garmin, the cold will not stand in my way. I've felt super bad about letting myself down, I'm such a challenge freak that I'll say yes to almost anything. I then feel like a failure when I have to evaluate the decision and back out. So I'm not backing out.

December is the month to let it all out, like a last chance workout for the year. Let's face it I can't make up all I've lost these past few weeks now. I'll keep going and focus on steady goals. I checked, walking your miles is still following the guidelines for this challenge from The Running Mom. I've emailed her and awaiting her response to see if I'm still in the running, pun intended :)