Pages

December 26, 2011

HomeFitness Gone Social

We have all seen the explosion the social networking movement has brought, Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Linkedin, the list goes on and on. The new fitness trend, at least what I've seen with the moms I know, is to skip the gym and workout at home. Social fitness is where it's all at. Like beachbody, biggest loser, Zumba, and other dance games for gaming consoles. Now I'm seeing a lot of personal trainers who train via skype, social sites, and email. Encouragement doesn't have to be done face to face to be affective these days. This really appeals to me as a mom of 4 who can't just get out to a gym without tagging along a few babies, diaper bag, stroller, etc.

So I turned to Youtube. I find a ton of great free works, walk away the pounds star Leslie Sansone has a new or same but new name walk at home system. Granted someone uploaded her set, I watch and follow along on youtube and have 5miles 3x Week.

Holly 7wks Postpartum
already back at prepreg shape!
In my quest for finding kettle bell and tabata workouts on youtube I ran into Holly Rigsby a personal trainer who helps women lose weight in their own homes with DVDs, online videos, and socially through her online fit club forums. She is the founder and trainer at FitYummyMummy.com. Just reading her story inspires me to get up from the computer and joining. I signed up for her newsletter and received an invite to join for just $1. Now that's exciting!!!


************************
$1 Trial Membership
Because I don't see the link anywhere on the site,
I'll only leave this up for a limited time.

************************


I encourage you to sign up and utilize this month gift as an after Christmas present for yourself. I'm going to sign up for the month to try it out. Who knows, at less than $20 a month it may stick around until the unwanted lbs come all the way off. Holly has downloadable workouts each month, achievable meal plans, and accountability the most important factor I've found in my own HEA journey. Let me know if you try it out, I want to compare results and successes.

Good news!! I've been losing lbs since the scale has moved to the attic. I knew inches were gone but it's still nice to see the lbs gone as well. Weight is really overrated because you could be above your goal weight but appear smaller and more tones. That's the power of muscle.


Christy,
HappilyEverAfter