Pages

October 18, 2011

Week2: Shed 5 Fast Challenge

Oct. 17th - 23rd

In the weeks to come I'll be tracking my daily progress in weeks instead of days. Now that you get the gist of my daily schedule and what I'll be doing the next 21 days. This week I've decided to add a before picture. It's actually where I am now so that later I can call it before, Get it?  In posting this I've made a commitment to myself that I will make an After Video. I can not wait, I've already lost 10lb with 50-60 to go.

Some days like today, I just feel so defeated, like I'm at the bottom of the biggest hill looking up. I'll try to keep my nose down and focus on the steps, one foot in front of the other. I'll get there, I truly believe that (most days).

Day8: S5F Workout #1
My intensity fluctuated from low to high throughout. I did notice I could do jumping jacks right alongside Lindsay. Before I would just march in place with my arms moving. I attempted to do "real" rotating push ups. I could only do 1 each side.

Day9: Cardio A
1 minute of each:
1. Half speed squats: Goal: 35-40
2. Jumping Jack crosses: Crossing your feet one in front of the other as you jump Goal: 35-40 reps
3. Lateral ski: Goal: 60 reps
4. Side squats: Goal: 30 reps  
5. Mountain climbers: From the plank position alternate knees toward the belly Goal: 70-80 reps 

 reps / minute Repeat 1-5, 4x (total=20 minutes)

Wow, that was so much different this time. I did these correctly and will feel the burn on into tomorrow. Instead of trying to count reps I just did as much as I could each minute almost non stop for 30min. Ouch!<

Day10: S5F Workout #1
Not much to say but, DONE! I'm so happy to see that big redded word below!

Day11: REST Instead of resting I did 45min on my Wii. Zumba Expert was rough, but for some reason I commited and didn't let my self stop until the cool down. I wore myself out to say the least.

Day12: REST Body Shut Down .(

Day13: Cardio D:  Boot Camp 2 DVD Cardio#5, Cardio#6, Cardio#5 instead I did Lindsay's 8min Abs that I missed from day12. Tomorrow I will make myself rest so as not to through myself off schedule anymore. I may throw in some yoga to keep my core strength seeing as it helps with my hiatal hernia issues.

Day14: REST

And with that Week#2 is DONE!
Half way there...

Excitement and anxiety are beginning to set in because the weeks to come will be my make or break moment. Since I've started working out I seem to be consistent in the first 2 weeks then drop off or skip the remainder. I'm determined to keep going for the sake of this blog and my overall health. This isn't just a blog experiment. I'm not obligated to anyone in writing this series. I'm solely doing this for myself.

I want my BeforeBabyBody Back!

Week#2 Stats:
The scale hasn't budged since losing 10lbs but I feel great. Despite what I see in the mirror I feel college-age again. Granted I'm only 30 I've started to feel old, back issues, joint pain, etc. I can feel 20 for the rest of my life if I do a little bit of work now, later I'll reap the reward. My family will benefit as well and get a much more energetic mama. It's so true, "when mommy ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". I'm the life spring in my house, as a stay at homeschooling mom I need to be on top of my game for success to even be an option.



Share